Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How About Post-dated Posts?


It takes, on average, 2-3 days from the time I put a substantial post up for me to edit and change it around enough that I can live with it. I've tried prewriting in MS Word in order to get around this problem, but to no avail. I just don't notice mistakes, errors, non sequiturs, and statements that make me sound pompous or fatuous until they're up on TPM. Once a post is up, I have to force myself to imagine reading it through someone else's eyes, and my logical and stylistic shortcomings become much clearer.

This isn't to say that my finished posts are jewels of wit, wisdom, and editorial skill by any means, but rather that the few existing readers of my blog might want to wait until a couple of days after the post date before checking out any of my longer entries.

I can remember, back in the day, when I would stay up all night writing a paper, jacked on coffee, and send it off immediately after putting the last period on the works cited page. Ugh.

Purgatory will probably have me presenting all those papers to a panel of 5 unsympathetic professors while an audience of undergraduate girls giggle and roll their eyes at the sweat stains under my arms.

(Image from www.themoderatevoice.com)

No comments: